Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 30, 2020

First Blog Post

So I'm going to publish on this blog. It feels like my Facebook posts generate limited interest, but all too often, at least when I write about politics, there is a nearly inevitable volley of comments from friends who go back and forth and it turns into a food fight. On here I hope to write without the food fight. So what are the topics that may appear here?

Fishing. I love fishing, especially bass fishing. It's become my favorite pastime, replacing golf in my life. Which is OK.

Sports. I love my NY Mets, the NY Football Giants, and my UofL Cards. I'd add the NY Knicks, but the Knicks have sucked so long and so bad that I can't hardly be the fan I'd like to be. But all of the major sports interests in the USA, I also call my own. Except hockey and soccer, sorry. I don't much care for either. Maybe if some Team USA does great I might take an interest, but otherwise, fuggesdaboudit.

Food. I like to eat and I like to cook. More eating than cooking, though. Italian food. Mexican food. Steaks, chops, and chicken on the grill. And beer. Beer is food.

Family. Family is everything. It's not the only thing, but it's up there on the short list of things important to me.

My beloved Marine Corps, the KC-130 squadrons and community is on the short list right next to family.

Travel. I love travel, especially the US National Parks. I've been blessed to see many of them thanks largely to my father and mother and our family camping trips when I was a kid. Since those trips, I've been to some more, and back to some of the same ones, too. I'd love to be able to say I've been to all of them, but it's not realistic at this point.

Music. Classic rock, blues and blues rock. My Mount Rushmore is the Allman Brothers, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and the Grateful Dead. That's five. So what. Sue me.

Politics and culture. Mostly politics. It's an unfortunate addiction in my life. I'm a conservative. I used to consider myself fiscally conservative and socially moderate. But the left has veered further and further left, and my once moderate views seem more conservative relative to the rest. I believe we are in a political and cultural 'soft' civil war. This blog is one place where I may take up arms.

I hope to blog at least once a week. Until I get too wrapped up in something else, or bored with it or something.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I stopped and started and stopped again on something NOT political. Wasn't feeling it.

      Delete