Total Pageviews

Friday, June 10, 2022

Short and Sweet - on the Jan 6 Prime Time Hearing - 6/10/2022

 

They decided to hold the hearings in prime time.

Here are, in a few short sentences, the reasons I am NOT watching the Jan 6th hearings:

1. They're going to be absolutely biased and one sided. There will be no examination of the grievances of those involved in the riot. Were their concerns overblown? Perhaps. Were their concerns completely unfounded? Absolutely not. Will these hearings include a fair examination of those facts, to show that the election was NOT stolen? Hell no.

2. Adam Schiff is a part of it. Fuck him. Enough said.

3. I have already condemned the protests. January 6th was the wrong day for this. The preceding weekend would have been much better, but doing it when the Electoral College was set to meet was a mistake. It was obvious to me beforehand that nothing good would come from it. My criticism is on the record.

4. You know and I know it's purely a political stunt, intended to damage Trump. Period.

5. I knew there was widespread cheating in the 2020 election, but I haven't watched 2000 Mules, either.

6. I haven't forgotten the riots of the summer of 2020, where the White House and D.C. were threatened by riotous mobs, where police stations were occupied out west and a Federal Courthouse was put under siege by rioters. There are protesters interfering with the Supreme Court simultaneous to these hearings, showing up at their homes, doxxing them, and we just had a thwarted assassination attempt of a Justice of the US Supreme Court. Spare me the selective outrage and indignation.

7. I'm reading a biography of legendary Mets manager and recent Hall of Fame inductee the late, great Gil Hodges. It's time better spent. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment