Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 5, 2020

11/5/2020 My Weber Genesis E330

 


Yesterday in the aftermath of Election Day, I was in a sleep deprived state of consciousness. I wrote a short blog post, and I even took a nap. My productivity level wasn't very high. But I did spend an hour or so cleaning up our grill. The grill is a Weber Genesis E330, and it's a little over 4 years old. I couldn't be happier with it. These grills are pricey, but worth it. I'd say unequivocally that I got my money's worth out of this grill, but I didn't. It was a gift to me, a cherished gift from the amazing people I worked with in UPS Flight Operations on the occasion of my retirement, more than 4 years ago now. The friends who put in for this unexpected and still deeply appreciated gift, they're the ones who got their money's worth!
 
 

 
You may not be able to see it too well from the pictures I took yesterday, but on the right side, the E330 has the side burner. Side burners are interesting. People either use them and feel they're an absolute necessity, or they don't and find them a waste of money. I'm a side burner guy. My favorite use for the burner is to saute the peppers and onions for my "last meal request", sausages with peppers and onions. The sauteed garlic, peppers and onions done just right are incredible, but they can stink up a kitchen for a long time, but by cooking them outside, that problem is solved. I also like the side burner for making bacon. It keeps the spatter out of the kitchen. So you grillers, are you a side burner person, or a no side burner person?
 
And by the way, I deep clean the grill a couple of times a year. That's all it really takes. I clean the stainless steel exterior, which does get a little dirty each time I use it and needs the cleanings, with baking soda and white vinegar. It's amazing on stainless steel and makes it look almost new. The grates I clean with the citrus grill cleaning stuff you can get at Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowe's. And down in the inside, I use a 1-1/2" plastic putty knife and push all the grease and charred stuff and ash down into the bottom and then into the drip pan. A clean grill cooks better and food tastes better from it.
 
Aren't you glad I didn't write about the election?
 
Have a great day, friends! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment