Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2022

Destroying the Economy to Save the Planet - 5/23/2022-2

 

Not so fast, lefty.

These idiots are knowingly crashing the economy. They lie and give excuses, but we know they're against the fossil fuel industry, hate big (profitable business), and are totally out of touch with suburban and rural Joe Six-Pack' everywhere. This is a big squeeze to push us into electric cars. Well, I've been giving it some thought. I'm not philosophically or emotionally opposed to an electric vehicle, but it's got to work for me. Newsflash: it don't.

Range - No electric vehicle I can find has sufficient range to satisfy my driving needs. I drive to Louisville from south Florida and back 3, 4, 5 times per year. It's 972 miles, one way. That's 3 stops to charge, minimum, assuming I don't spend 2-3 hours stuck in traffic south of Atlanta, north of Chattanooga, or near Nashville.

Range, cont'd - My driving WILL include trips to the mountain west. Anyone who follows my page sees the pictures I post. For a variety of reasons, we're not embarking on epic western journeys at this very moment, but they WILL happen. There are gas stations everywhere, and in 10-15 minutes we can gas and go. How the hell do I traverse Montana, Wyoming, or Utah 200 or less miles at a time.

Towing - I like to do my fishing. YANKY 72, me and Dale's little jonboat, is light, but it's a tow. Towing has a lot of impact on range. I'm not sure I want to take an electric SUV into the Wildlife Management Area for a day of fishing.

4WD/AWD - A lot of the roads where I go fishing are unpaved. I like 4WD for pulling the boat out of a backwater. 4WD will drive UP cost and drive DOWN range.

Home Charging - I wouldn't be adverse to installing a 240 V charger in our garage to charge a vehicle here at Florida House. It would cost a few bucks, but it would speed up the process. But what would I do at Kentucky Condo? We have no garage there. There are no provisions for electricity there at all. For trips to Kentucky condo, it would mean enduring the inconvenience of NEVER charging at night and having to go someplace for hours every time it needs a charge.

Cost - I can afford and electric vehicle. But they are more than their gas or diesel counterparts. I don't know how much it costs to use a charger, or what the electric bill would be at home for charging vs. filling up the tank. Since an electric vehicle won't meet many of my transportation needs, it seems to me the only real option is to make the electric vehicle a third vehicle that Caroline and I can use for local driving here. It does seem as though most, not quite all but most of our local driving could be done in an electric car. But to justify the cost as an extra vehicle is a stretch.

So please, would somebody tell the idiots that while some, like myself, are open to an electric vehicle at some point, that there are too many insurmountable factors against getting one at this time? Punishing me at the gas pump and every single other place that I spend money because electric vehicles doesn't work for me isn't JUST stupid. These bastards are destroying the economy in a delusional attempt to save the planet. It's selfish and hostile.

No comments:

Post a Comment