Total Pageviews

Friday, March 20, 2020

3/20/2020 - Don't Believe China!

For the last couple of days I've seen a number of stories in U.S. media touting the success of the Chinese in dealing with the Wuhan or Chinese coronavirus. Even though I'm not supposed to be touching my face, I find my palm on my forehead each time I see one. People: they were lying to us then, they're lying to us now. But hey, if you want to extol the great successes of the Chi-Coms on the one hand, and on the other criticize the US response, then you go for it. I don't know everything about this virus, or about what goes on in China, or even what all we are and aren't doing. But if you're complimenting the Chinese and criticizing us simultaneously, your logic is contorted to fit your bias.

Wall Street Journal Photo


What if the virus was spreading around Wuhan and China months BEFORE we first learned of it? Supposedly the first case was December 1, 2019. Do we know for sure how the supposed first person contracted it? The person wasn't at the market from where the first cluster of cases is 'believed' to have come, some four weeks or so later. I put believed as a quotation because I don't believe the Chinese even a little. I suspect it is entirely possible that not only was there human to human transmission of the virus taking place in Wuhan BEFORE December, 2019. And supposing that to be the case, who's to say the virus wasn't carried abroad from Wuhan much sooner than we have been thinking?

Do we know that there weren't undiagnosed or incorrectly diagnosed cases of WuFlu in the US prior to Jan 14th, which according to the US Center for Disease Control, was the date of the first case in the US? I don't know, but I doubt it. The disease isn't severe in all demographic groups. What if a lot of what we thought was normal 'flu season' was actually the first appearances of WuFlu? One thing I've learned from this pandemic is that there is way more international air travel to and from Wuhan, a place frankly I'd never heard of before this, than even after I had heard of it, that I'd have guessed.

Now, this may be a little far-fetched, so I am not asserting it is true, but do you remember what happened last April? A Chinese national woman was arrested trying to enter Mar A Lago. What if? I mean, holy crap! What if? Do you remember in January of this year, a Harvard professor was arrested for espionage? The story centers around recruitment of US scientists to work for the Chinese where? Wuhan. And if I recall, the story also mentioned smuggling vials of biological materials out of the US to China. I'm not sure what, if anything, these stories have to do with Wuhan coronavirus, but it's stuff that makes me go, "Hmmmm?"

Sure, those incident likely had nothing to do with any of this. Can we rule it out? Should we? The Chinese have been up to no good for a long, long time. And even if those things  had nothing to do with anything, don't be the Resistance douchebag reporter extolling China's efforts and progress in fighting back the Chinese virus, and turn around and bash the US response. I know you hate Trump. I know you swoon over the magical mystery of life in a communist paradise. But, as I touched in passing, I also know you're a douchebag. Stop believing China, douchebags! And stop believing these douchebags, people!


No comments:

Post a Comment