Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

No Camping: Coronavirus Rules

Travel trailer vacations aren't looking as good as they did a few days ago, as state by state yesterday announced closures their state park campgrounds. This no doubt will affect our travel plans, and the plans of many, many thousands of others. No doubt the impact is greater on full-time RVers, who are far more in numbers than I ever thought until I started preparing for our own adventures.

In addition, other curfews and closures are announced here, there, everywhere, seemingly by the minute. Schools, churches, social clubs, and self-help groups are canceling meetings or offering virtual alternatives. Many of you are working at home, others are still in the office, shop, or store, but working with an abundance of precaution and care. Restaurants and bars in many places have greatly reduced seating, with food being offered to go, but no dining in allowed. I'm sure employee hours are being cut and some places may already have layoffs. Amazon announced it's hiring 100,000. An Amazon job may not be many people's cup of tea, but it shows there may be opportunities out there for people who need the work and money, if they're willing.

Caroline and I went to the Punta Gorda Walmart the other day. I was impressed. They were out of the stuff you keep hearing about: hand sanitizers and surface sanitizer/cleaners. They were also low on some of the staples: various meats, soups, etc., but the only thing on our list that we couldn't get, since we knew we wouldn't get and didn't bother with the TP or sanitizers, was pasta. And we do have pasta on the shelf, so it wasn't an immediate need. One thing I want to mention about that visit to Walmart is about the employees. I could see the Walmart employees looked stressed out, but with no exceptions, they were working hard and remained helpful and cheerful. I made it a point to say hi, tell them I could see how hard they were working, and to thank them. I did so to five or six, and I got very friendly and appreciated thanks from them all for it.

Before I wind this post up, I recognize I've nearly broken the golden rule. I've nearly concluded a post about the Covid-19 Coronavirus, the Wuhan Flu, and haven't encouraged you to wash your hands. Can't do that! And also, to encourage you to be nice to the stressed out people where you shop, eat, and do other business. Check in on your elderly neighbors. With proper precautions, a little kindness, and maybe just a little prayer, we will surely get through this.

So please, please, please: wash your hands. A lot.  Have a great day, friends! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment