Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

6/23/2020 Some Things I Believe, and Some Things I Don't

I support black lives matter, but I don't support the Black Lives Matter activist group.

I believe what (former) officer Derek Chauvin did to George Floyd was murder, but even so, every cop interaction resulting in death (regardless of race) has to be looked at objectively and without prejudice.

I support police and justice system reform, but I don't support the foolish "defund the police" anarchy movement. Break down the "blue wall of silence" when a cop makes a mistake or worse, yes. Closing the station house for the same reason, stupid.

I support an accurate telling of our history, warts and all. I don't support erasing history because its persons were imperfect if judged by today's morality and said imperfections offend sensibilities. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump. If you hate what they did or do, write a book, don't burn one.

I believe in the right to peaceably assemble and to protest. I don't support looters, rioters, defacers, arsonists, assaulters, or intimidators, nor do I support apologists who try to explain away the violence and destruction, or protesters who facilitate those activities within their midst by not either intervening or disbursing when the looting, rioting, and violence break out.

I sometimes (often) cringe when I hear some of the stuff President Trump says. He hasn't said anything yet that makes me think voting for Joe Biden and putting more power into the hands of radical leftists by doing so is in our best interest. The riots and political upheaval going on right now, just the opposite. We CAN'T let that happen. We HAVE to re-elect Donald Trump, fake tan, Twitter bombs and all.

2 comments: