Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

6/9/2020 Equality and Equal Justice, Yes. Stupidity? No.

I support what reforms we need to ensure people are treated fairly and equally, regardless of race, creed, or color. If that means reforming police department processes, procedures, hiring, and training to achieve that equality, I support those measures.

I support justice for George Floyd. I have and I will continue to resist agreeing his murder was racial until I hear evidence that it was. The fact that they worked together at some kind of strip or girlie club leaves me suspicious that the two had some other conflict or dispute which was the Derek Chauvin's real motive for murder. If there was such a motive, then as far as the legal jeopardy Chauvin faces, I think it would be worse for him personally. If the murder was a premeditated act due to some workplace or personal conflict, then it's possible this was a premeditated act. For Mr. Chauvin that's bad, bad, bad.

I support peaceful protests that object to unfair and unequal treatment of black people by the police. As I posted on my Facebook page the other day, a massive peaceful protest can send a very powerful message.

I object to the looting, rioting, destruction, arson, defacing, damaging, assaulting, and other acts that were perpetrated in conjunction with what for many was intended to be peaceful protest. If you're protesting peacefully and other people are kicking the shit out of old people for the crime of protecting their store, or if the other people were throwing bricks at police, or any number of other violent or destructive acts, guess what? You may have protested peacefully, but it wasn't a peaceful protest. The media needs to stop referring to peaceful protests and peaceful protestors if those things were indeed happening.



I object to the movement to defund and disband police departments. The Minneapolis City Council is doing just that. There was a woman from the city council interviewed on CNN who, when asked what a citizen should do when there are no more police, who would they call. She answered that calling the police for a break in comes from a place of privilege, white privilege, I assume. Are you freaking kidding me? Taxpayers are paying for that privilege. If you take away the privilege of calling the cops for things like break ins and robberies and things of that nature,  Then the privilege, in this case I mean the right, to bear arms will come into play. We will defend ourselves, Ms. City Councilwoman moron.

I won't let my objections deter me from supporting what is right, police reforms, justice for George Floyd (and others), and the right to peaceably assemble and protest. On the other hand, I'm not going to support stupid shit I disagree with just because I feel bad (not guilty, I don't feel even a tiny tinge of guilt!) about what happened to George Floyd. I've heard several really stupid, shitty proposals in the aftermath. Listening to Ms. Stupid's answer on CNN was where all those stupid suggestions jumped the shark.

No comments:

Post a Comment