Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

10/13/2020 CCP Virus and Me

 

I call Covid-19 the CCP Virus because the Communist Chinese Party are the villains in this story.

Where am I at with the CCP Virus at this point?

1) I don't believe the death count is accurate. It's highly inflated. I don't know how much, but more than a little.

2) I don't believe the "case" number the news reported breathlessly for 6 months is accurate, either. There were presumed positives, false positives, and people who were tested multiple times who were multiple counted.

3) I believe the strain of virus running around today is LESS potent than what it was previously. Why? Evolution. Stronger strains of the virus were more effective at killing their hosts, which in itself is a limiting factor in the virus' effort to sustain itself through transmission/reproduction. So the weaker strains that don't kill their host stick around to continue multiplying, the self defeating stronger strains eventually wipe themselves out.

4) If the lockdowns weren't a mistake in March and April when we were just learning about the virus and stronger strains were out and about, they are now. We should be protecting the vulnerable elderly and sick, and that's about it.

5) The cost of lockdown on small businesses, especially restaurants, other employment, people's mental health, people who have avoided dealing with other medical conditions exacerbating them in doing so, on schoolkids, etc., has been extreme.

6) I wear a mask and wash my hands, etc. I do NOT believe the mask helps very much, if at all. I wear it because I see my mother and step-father, who are 82 and 91, respectively, and I don't want to expose them if at all possible.

7) Treatments are much better than they were before. Combined with the weaker strain I mentioned in 3, the treatment lowers risk of mortality significantly from what we had in March and April.

8) Some people, including the Democratic Party's Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates are blaming President Trump for the deaths associated with this disease. I don't. I blame the Communist Chinese.

9) Teacher's Unions have shown their asses during the pandemic. They've shown they're interested in teacher's interests and well being, and students? Not nearly as much. That's teachers UNIONS not teachers I'm talking about.

10) The CCP Virus relief bill proposals were typical of the House of Congress on 2020. Full of a political wish list of items intended to either be a surrender by the President or a poison pill, either of them acceptable to the partisan scumbags we're talking about.

11) Democrats and Republicans citizens clearly demonstrate their differences in how they perceive the government vs. personal responsibility in their actions and opinions about the virus. Dems expect the government to nearly 100% of the solution, Republicans, some lower number, where for them personal choice and responsibility (sometimes irresponsibility) are central and government not as much. It's just a different perspective being illustrated by the virus, not something that is a product of it.

12) I still like Fauci and Birx. You don't? OK. That's your prerogative.

13) The vaccine is coming and I'm not so sure I am eager to take it. We'll see how I feel some time later: a month, two, or six.

No comments:

Post a Comment