Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 4, 2020

10/4/2020 Who Peddles the Divisiveness?

If you ask me, the single most damaging thing to my friendships since Donald Trump came on the scene is the narrative that Trump is a Nazi, a fascist, a racist, and a white supremacist AND that we who support him at a minimum tolerate those things or that we're just stupid. We are also accused of all those things in blanket generality again and again and again. If you're a liberal and your seeing this AND you have pushed any or all of the "Trump is a..." and "His supporters are..." or, "At a minimum, his supporters tolerate and support..." narratives, YOU doing so it what drove a wedge between us. I don't fucking appreciate it and if you really think that about me, say so. But if you don't think that about ME, but you pushed those narratives, YOU fucked up our friendship. YOU. Some of my friends do, I don't deny it, but I do not use the "libtards" "democRATS" or "DemoKKKrats" stuff or anything like that. Why? Because while I have different perspectives on issues, generally speaking, I think my friends are intelligent, good people.

What is a real pisser is that this nonsense is still out there same as ever was. From when Hillary called up deplorable, right through today. I see it from Twitter's famous 'blue check marks" and from just regular people. This morning I searched Twitter for Nazi, fascist, Hitler, racist, and white supremacist. Here are the first four things I found searching for "latest".

 

An asshole named Den Quin pushing the Nazi bullshit.

 
Annette says that Trump surviving the virus is analogous to the failed assassination of Hitler

Twitter blue check marker and Actor Chad Lowe calls us one of: rich, white nationalist racists, or stupid. Who the fuck is Chad Lowe? Never heard of him. Fuck him.

One of my favorite is people who don't seem to have a single fucking clue what a fascist is who call Trump and or his supporters fascists. This one who also seems to be protecting the 'beloved' idea of communism from being corrupted by Trump fascism is a real dumbass.

So if you want life to get back to normal and friendships to get back to normal, how about dropping this shit from the conversation. Stop reposting and retweeting this stuff. You really do think we're Nazis, fascists, racists, white supremacists, and stupid? Go fuck yourself. Get out of my life. Today. Now.

1 comment: