Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 18, 2023

We're Screwed - 6/18/2023

I left the GOP in late 2014 or early 2015. I was absolutely fed up with being misled by Republicans and then once elected, left holding their bag while they capitulated time after time. They compromised with Democrats who never seem to compromise with them. As a result, I began to see Progressivism as meaning slow and steady erosion of conservative values and all things conservative.

I came back to the GOP in 2016 because I felt Trump would actually fight rather than capitulate. I have donated to his campaigns MANY times. By far more than to anyone else in my lifetime. Not even close.

 President Donald Trump

I was shocked by the Deep State, Democrats, media, and GOP’s behavior during Trump’s candidacy, presidency, and still am, to this day. I shouldn't have been shocked, but I admit I was. It was much worse than I imagined. Worse than Trump imagined, too, I bet.

I left the GOP again after 2022 after I saw them in inaction. They’re still not the fighters, or brawlers actually, that we need. They’re wimps. They suck. They’re as bad as Democrats, just bad different.

Trump was rendered largely ineffective in office. Not all his fault. He was. I said it. IDGAF. Not his fault. Crossfire Hurricane. Mueller. Even an impeachment because he dared to ask absolutely legitimate questions about then Vice President Biden's corruption in his dealings with Ukraine.

Even though I have come to believe everything I said in the preceding paragraphs is true, I again donated to Trump after each indictment, the one in NY and the one in FL. I hate the people out to get him, and clearly, they are out to get him at all costs. This starts at the top, from Biden and Garland. No amount of professing innocence and uninvolvement can convince me otherwise.

I support DeSantis (I live in FL) in 2024. I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis

I believe if elected, Trump will again be ineffective. Nothing has changed with the Deep State, Democrats, media, and much of the GOP. They will collectively undermine and attack Trump at every turn. They’re all disgusting.

I also think DeSantis will face much of the same, but I don’t think DeSantis will crash the China shop like the bull Trump was and is. He will sidestep the same piles of doo doo that Trump trudges right through.

My Trump supporting friends will have nobody else. Not DeSantis, not anyone but Trump. Period. End sentence. End discussion. It is pointless to even talk to them about what Trump will face if re-elected, how he was thwarted for 4 years, or why I like DeSantis. It’s totally pointless.

I will probably rejoin the GOP so I can vote for DeSantis in the FL Primary, but nationally, Trump will win the nomination. Trump will win handily. It's not close. I'm not delusional in that regard.

Trump will lose the general. Again. Bigly this time. What my Trump supporting friends don’t get is how much so many people hate him. Democrats will set voting turnout records again. They'll come out in droves. On the other hand, some, perhaps many Republicans will stay home.

There is nothing you can say to the avid Trump people to get them to vote for someone else. There is nothing you can do to get some people to vote for Trump. Trump does has a vice grip. It is a giant, cast iron vice, and it is going to sink the GOP and conservatism on Election Day in Nov 2024. 

Sadly, I feel as if there is NOTHING I can do. I am a conservative and I see the crash coming and I feel helpless. I hate the people in power. Trump won’t step aside and help us to beat them. Four more years of a stumbling, bumbling crook with dementia.

President Joe Biden, masked kneeler.
We’re screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment