Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Banana Republic, USA - 8/10/2022

The FBI raiding Mar-A-Lago has descended the US into banana republic status.

In 2001 after Bill Clinton left office, I felt Republicans who were obsessed with taking potential criminal justice actions against him for his “crimes” were out to lunch. Once the guy left office, it was time to move on. We are not a banana republic where vindictive action against political foes to exact revenge for wrongs, whether real or imagined, is how we should conduct ourselves. At the time I felt the GOP was in the wrong for not letting Clinton go peaceably into history.

Many Republicans remained obsessed with Bill Clinton, long after his presidency.
In 2017 I was glad that President Trump didn’t follow through on his bombastic threats against Hillary Clinton. Defeated at the polls, the best thing for Hillary, who I don’t like at all, not even a little bit, was to let her stew in the disappointment of her own loss. As a matter of fact, I even hoped Trump would pardon her for the emails and all the rest just to permanently cast all that stuff aside so we could move on.

A lot of people would love to have seen Hillary Clinton in an orange jumpsuit.
And here we are. Just as in the way Harry Reid shitcanning the filibuster over judicial nominees came back to bite Democrats when it came to Trump SCOTUS nominees, the viciousness and vindictiveness that Democrats are showing toward Trump, post presidency, will come back to bite them. Between the Jan 6th hearings and now this raid in what is supposedly part of a dispute over classified documents, but which is obviously a fishing expedition looking for anything that might damage Trump, Democrats have inspired a new, far less diplomatic attitude in me toward all this.

By nuking the filibuster, Harry Reid enabled tyrannical majorities evermore in the USA

Post-Biden, I hope Republicans are absolutely ruthless and vicious toward “the big guy”, his family, his staff, and all corrupt Democrats even tangentially connected to him. I hope I get to see some of these filthy bastards in shackles. I hope Biden and his corrupt son are ruined financially by a mountain of lawyer’s bills as they try to defend their corruption. I hope the incoming Justice Department will turn Merrick Garland’s life upside down, examining every phone mail, text, email, meeting note, calendar entry, and other record looking for even the flimsiest of evidence of the political hit job he is attempting to do on Trump right now. I want to see Christopher Wray and every single FBI official who is party to this fired for cause.

Merrick Garland is showing by his actions as US Attorney General us that he is far too small a man to be a SCOTUS Justice.
We don’t raid former president’s home over disputed documents. We just don’t. And we don’t go fishing to destroy our political enemies, at least not using the criminal justice and law enforcement apparatus of the federal government to do so. At least we didn’t used to. I guess now we do.

Has Biden inflation impacted your travel plans? No worry. No need to travel. Joe Biden is bringing a Banana Republic right to your door.
The ghost of Harry Reid says hello, and welcome to Banana Republic, USA. Oh, by the way, I plan to make a donation to Donald Trump today. He wasn't my first choice for 2024. He is now.

2 comments:

  1. Matt, as always you are spot on!! I cant believe how upside down our country has become. It saddens me to see what our great nation has become and I pray to see this ship righted for my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is going to happen to "the Big guy", HRC, the AG, the DHS, Wray and all the others that are too numerous to name. The deep state won't allow for it. I also think it would be political suicide as well, not just for the individual but for the political party going after them.

    ReplyDelete