Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Liz Cheney, Good Riddance - 8/17/2022

I'm going to make this short and sweet this morning. I am delighted that Liz Cheney was defeated in her bid for re-election for her seat in the House of Representatives representing Wyoming. I'm going to give you, I suspect, a slightly different perspective on the whole thing than what you're getting from liberal or conservative media of all types. Follow along.

Good riddance!
 

1. January 6th protesters were well within their rights to protest the execution of the 2020 Presidential Election in its entirety. The fact that an election so important left so many of us with legitimate questions about the run up to, execution of on Election Day, and the counting is inexcusable. I'm not even going to list the grievances I know that I share with many millions of Americans. None of the grievances I have were conjured up by Trump. Not a one.

2. January 6th trespassers and rioters were wrong. The then President, Donald Trump, asked that the protesters act peacefully and lawfully, if I recall correctly. But some got carried away and did wrong.

3. Taking #2, above, into consideration, who were the instigators? I have seen many, many allegations that Capital Police and the FBI had undercover officers, agents, and informants inserted into the crowds of protesters. So far, so good. But here's the rub: some of these cops are alleged to have instigated illegal activities. I struggle with "entrapment" in that if you're not a criminal and someone suggests you commit a crime, to the largest extent, you own it if you do it. But it's not an undercover cop's place to incite, inspire, and encourage crime. "Let's go over there and do this!" "Let's go over there and do that!" According to much of what I've read, that is exactly what happened. It happened in Michigan with the absolutely phony Whitmer kidnapping. To what extent did it happen on January 6th?

4. And this is where I fall off the Liz Cheney bandwagon. She's a never Trump (fine if you don't like him, but not fine in a criminal justice situation wherein you put damaging Trump ahead of doing the right thing for all the other people in the Jan 6th situation). If the Republicans on the Committee aren't asking questions about the undercover cops and agents, then who will? The January 6th Committee was nothing more than a show trial to get Trump. Where Cheney had a chance to ask the questions me and many millions of others wanted asked: about the election and about the entrapment activities on January 6th, but instead chose to help Speaker Pelosi rid D.C. of Donald Trump, once and for all, that's where I decided she can go fuck herself.

Goodbye Liz. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Note: Having doubts and serious questions about the 2020 election, all the shady and questionable shit I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears isn't anti-democracy. Stop it with that bullshit. Cheney wasn't protecting democracy. She was trying to rid D.C. of Trump. I realize you have Trump Derangement Syndrome and can't differentiate between the two, but I wish you'd try.

No comments:

Post a Comment