Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Mitch McConnell and the Establishment GOP, Not My Circus, Not My Monkeys - 8/24/2022

For many years I felt the worst possible candidates for President were Senators and Lawyers. And the Senators who run often are lawyers. Lawyers are different. They're trained not look at issues and events through a moral lens, but to look at things through a legal one. "Can I justify this?" "Can I defend that?" Right or wrong are often far removed from the logic that supports or opposes their stance or vote on an issue. And a Senator, they're this upper house body which maintains a status quo. If I were to make a list of all the politicians I detest or have detested in the last 40 or so years, I bet a whole lot of them would be Senators. And a whole lot of those would be Republicans, the party with which I was affiliated for so many years. If there is such a thing as a "uniparty", it is nowhere more in evidence than the US Senate. Even in all the Mitch Rapp books by Vince Flynn that I like so much, the villain is often a Senator. Too big for his or her britches, and deeply connected to both the donor class pulling strings behind a curtain, and the bureaucracy, pulling the levers of power, unelected but empowered by tenure and invisibility.

Mitch is a clown.
 Before I go any further, let me get right to the point. Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is a uniparty scumbag. He absolutely doesn't care if the GOP doesn't win back the Senate. As a matter of fact, I believe he wants to lose. It's so much easier to be the opposition party than the party in power. He can complain and carry on about not liking what's going on, to the delight of gullible Republicans who think he's sincere. But he isn't really opposed to much. It's a show. A charade. A deception. A farce. He's getting richer. His donors, the real unelected government, are happy. Life is good. Fuck the electorate.

Donald Trump? That bastard isn't beholden to McConnell's donors. That asshole questions the bureaucracy, thinking as President he holds power, that he has a say. We're so much better with a pliable puppet who was a Senator for many years who knows how the game is played and what the rules are. Well, he oughta, except that he has dementia.

Mitch McConnell, the Establishment GOP, the Uniparty, and the DC bureaucrats, aka "the swamp"? Not my circus. Not my monkeys. Most of em are clowns, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment