Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2022

Election Day: Stuff That Matters. Stuff That Don't - 9/26/2022

We're 6 weeks and a day from Election Day for the mid-term election. Democrats are doing everything they can to make this election hinge on something, or some things, anything really, other than President Biden's abysmal performance. Generally speaking, as you all know well and good I'm sure, the mid-terms, especially during a President's first term are a referendum on the Presidency. The President is not on the ballot, per se, but giving a President control of Congress, or taking it away on the other hand, is a show of support or lack thereof. Joe Biden is an awful President. Jimmy Carter probably sends a box of donuts every Monday morning to Mr. Biden with a thank you card. "You're the worst! It's very kind of you to take me from atop the list while I'm still alive to see it!"


 

Having the mid-term be a referendum on an awful President will be a disaster for the Democratic Party. They know it. You know it. I know it. We all know it. So they're going to be talking about other stuff. What matters to me? What don't?

These things matter:

The economy matters. My 401k has had the worst year ever. I worked hard to save. Joe Biden and Democrats don't give two shits about us hard working (now retired) people like me who saved for this day.

Inflation matters. It's bad. But hey, fuel prices are down temporarily as the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is being foolishly depleted, a $0.19 per gallon tax is temporarily waived, and demand is down because people are broke. Do you think prices will go up or down after the mid-term when the pressure of the election for the party in power is off? I know what I think. We need ramped up production, and Democrats are NOT where we're gonna get it.

Immigration matters. It's our national disgrace. I've written about it many times before. Rather than belabor it again this morning, let me say simply this: I am not calling for mass deportations. I know many are, I am not. I am calling to close the border to illegal entry. If it takes a wall and 87,000 border personnel of all types to manage it, we need to stop this ridiculous, uncontrolled, and unmanageable flow of people. We DO need immigrants. I don't hate them. Stopping illegal immigration is NOT bigoted. Don't listen to people saying that.

Fentanyl and other drug deaths matter. That's our most real and presently dangerous pandemic. It's destroying lives. How much of it is coming across the Mexico border? How much is in your city, state, town, or municipality?

Crime matters. Crime is on the ballot. Progressives are pushing, unfortunately successfully in many places, to reduce prison populations but NOT by reducing crime. No, they think the answer is returning violent, repeat offenders to the streets. A single day doesn't go by where I don't read about some violent awful person committing a violent crime shortly after being released on low or no bail by some George Soros backed progressive prosecutor, using the term prosecutor very loosely. Crime is a problem in every progressive city and municipality I can think of. It is on the ballot.

Green policies and mandates matter. I am all for our planet. My first love is our National Parks, the US landscape, and our wildlife. I DO believe our environment is important. We DO need to do better. What we don't need are mandates that cause more harm than they do good. I am not sold that battery power is a viable alternative to the pollution of gas powered vehicles on our highways. Will we ever feel confident that we can harness nuclear generated electricity again? I don't know, but I do feel that most of the green mandates I read about coming in blue states or from this Democrat dominated bunch in Washington are prematurely implemented and hurt our economy in the short term and simply hurt our environment just as badly or worse in the long term, just differently, than the carbon emissions they're replacing. How about don't mandate stuff before it's ready for prime time and the infrastructure, cost, and impact have been well studied and addressed.

Bizarre far left social agendas matter. I don't hate gay people, trans people, etc. But being accepted and loved and treated fairly is no longer enough. Now we who are not gay or trans are considered bigots by this radical fringe just for being ourselves. This bullshit with pronouns, come on! Chemical castration and surgical mutilation of kids? If you ask me it's child abuse. You show me a 7, 9, or 11 year old trans kid and I'll show you parents who have brainwashed their kid with some weird gender bullshit, probably thinking they're being so wonderful for not imposing some evil societal pressures on the kid to conform to their biological/genetic gender. And there are public officials and public service workers, including teachers, who feel it's their duty to society to support these misguided kids, damn their parents for trying to impose antiquated and stereotypical gender norms on the poor little victims. All their enlightenment has a dark, dark side to it. Let kids be kids. Support gay and trans adults. There is a difference. Accept gay and trans people and treat them fairly. Stop talking to children who aren't your own about these issues.

Our highly political DOJ, FBI, and other three-letter agencies matter. President Biden's administration has absolutely weaponized every agency to maintain their political power and the crush opposition. Electing a House and Senate to hold them in check is the only answer. It's the only way. The scary thing is that the Administration, Deep State, and leftists across the land think that what these agencies are doing is righteous and good. It's scary. We have a system of checks and balances. Right now they're out of balance and unchecked.

Racism don't matter in that it's NOT on the ballot. I mean, it matters, it's wrong and an evil, sure. But way too much is made to be about race when it's not about race at all. A booming economy booms for us all. Lower crime makes life better for us all. Productive, hard working immigrants of all colors make us a richer society. Racial quotas, gerrymandering, and manipulation of school admissions rather than on academics is racism. Shaping prison populations based on race rather than on criminal activity does as much harm or more than the little good it does. Stop manipulating outcomes and start understanding and addressing root causes. The most important things, nothing higher I don't care what you say, to academic achievement and to raising a law abiding society and lower prison populations is strengthening families and religious faith. That does not exclude persons from non-tradition families, nor does it exclude atheists or agnostics. I'll bet you anything that Black persons with a strong family and religious faith of one kind or another on average are doing better economically and socially than those without those are on average. Some of you probably think it's racist of me to affirm those two facts. Well some of you are stupid, brainwashed puppets.

Fascism don't matter, because it's NOT on the ballot. The President crossed a dangerous line when he called me and like minded people fascists. It's as if he is setting the stage for violence or something. We are a Constitutional Republic. I want fair and well run elections. I want no more or less representation in Washington and locally than what is spelled out in the US Constitution. I want my constitutionally protected rights. Freedom of speech and assembly. Freedom of religion. Right to bear arms. I want the right to health, happiness, and my own prosperity. That's not fascism. It's freedom. It is the exact opposite of a threat to our republic, to our freedom, to democracy. How in the hell people were convinced that "America first" is a threat to America is beyond me. But here we are.

And finally, Donald Trump don't matter, he is NOT on the ballot. Don't fall for it. This is a referendum on our failing President, Joe Biden, and on progressivism. It is NOT about Trump. Don't let them forget it, and don't you dare let them make you forget it, either. You can either empower Biden for the next two years, or you can neutralize him. Your choice.

Vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment