Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

As Hurricane Ian Approches, A Surreal Morning - 9/28/2022

 

This is a tv screen shot of Ian. I'm pointing to our home's location.

It's a 972 mile drive from where I am right now in St. Matthews, KY to our home in Charlotte County, FL. Hurricane Ian is a strong Category 4 hurricane and is poised to hit our home directly this afternoon. Ian is big and bad and strong. It feels surreal.

I should be there.

I'm so glad I'm not there.

Our friends, our dear friends that stayed behind, please be okay.

So worried, anxious, helpless, fearful.

They keep saying Charlotte Harbor on the Weather Channel.

Jim Cantore is in Punta Gorda.

Worried about our family nearby, they're not too far away.

I hope Cape Coral isn't hit like it appears we in Charlotte County will.

My mother and sister in the safe place for tornado warning in Jupiter.

Is Ft Myers going to be okay?

Will our house be okay? What will happen?

Watching TV makes it too real, hard to keep watching.

I can't stop watching.

Trying to comfort my wife in the midst of my own stress and anxiety.

Hearing from so many lovely friends and family expressing concern.

Offers to help.

Help with what?

Not knowing what we will have to deal with.

I'm really glad we're here and have our cat, Eddie, with us.

Feeling that I should be there.

Also feeling glad we're not there.

Fearing the worst.

Praying for the best.

God watch and protect them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment