Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 1, 2022

You Are What Your Record Says You Are - 9/1/2022

I love the USA. I love the USA more than I love Trump. I voted for him, but I won't say that I 'love' him. I love the USA way more than I do the GOP. Honestly, I barely tolerate the GOP. I will vote for the Republican in 2022 and 2024. Which means I will vote for Trump in 2024 if he's the GOP nominee. He is not my first choice.

Even as Trump isn't my first choice, I am MAGA. What does that mean to me? It means I believe US policy should put US security, prosperity, and welfare above and before all else. It means I believe take care of America, the USA first. America first. I believe in the US Constitution. Is it perfect? Probably not. But the US Constitution establishes the USA as a republic, and it delineates our freedoms, freedoms not given by the government, freedoms that belong to me, freedoms that the government is prohibited from infringing upon. Hell yeah I love the USA. Hell yeah I believe in the importance and supremacy of the US Constitution. Hell yeah I'm MAGA.

Biden jumps the shark.
This week, the worst President in my lifetime has taken to calling me a fascist. His spokesperson doubled down and did likewise. In the same tradition of Hillary Clinton famously calling us racist, homophobe, xenophobe, etc., our President has chosen to attack the portion of the population that opposes him and his hair-brained policies. Why?

First, I guess because I no longer trust the leadership at the DOJ, FBI, CIA, DOD, IRS, and all the other agencies in D.C. Again and again they prove to me to be guided by a political compass rather than a moral one. Further, they seem to me to arrogantly presume to know what's best for the USA and disregard those of us, anyone who don't share their opinions.

Second, because I understand and recognize that people had doubts and concern, even grave concern, over the conduct of the 2020 election. I support the right of the people to protest peacefully, to express those concerns, and their reasonable worries about the conduct of the 2020 General Election. I do not condone violent protest, nor do I excuse breaking and entering of the Capitol Building. On the other hand, I do have doubts about the Jan 6th Committee, the role of the FBI and Capitol Police leading up to and on January 6th. So, I do not excuse it. But it was not an armed insurrection and no police were killed by protesters. President Biden is either lying about that, or as is entirely possible, he is just reading the script. If that's the case, shame on us for electing or installing a puppet, and fuck you to whoever is writing the script.

I'm not a goddamned fascist. That rhetoric is divisive. It is incendiary to the point of dangerousness. The fact that I disagree with the Biden Administration on many, many issues, and am willing to say so isn't fascism. The fact that I never believed that Roe V Wade was properly ruled and that abortion is and was a constitutional right doesn't make me a fascist, doesn't make me a rights trampler of some kind. Even Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg said it was a flawed ruling. Pro-Choice vs Pro-Life is a legitimate debate. Calling abortion constitutionally protected is dumbasssery of the highest order. It ain't in there and the fact that it ain't doesn't make those of us who can read fascist. Wanting voter ID isn't fascist. Saying Black people are too stupid, unfortunate, and helpless to get an ID is racist though. Wanting immigration managed, controlled, and monitored isn't fascist. Fix the goddamned immigration laws and Customs and Border Patrol. I don't hate immigrants. I do hate the people in D.C. who are making us an open borders joke to sovereign nations everywhere. That doesn't make me a fascist.

Let me tell you why they're after Trump right now and why President Biden, his spokesperson, and so many on the left are calling us MAGA folk fascist, dangerous, and all the rest. It's because the President is really, really bad at his job and the 2022 mid-terms have the potential to be disastrous to Democrats. Approval numbers on immigration, the economy, foreign policy, energy policy, and a long list of other issues are in the tank. Sure, the core lefty woke progressives like an America in decline and a Biden Administration that's pliable to their USA-hating desires, but regular people can see a failing administration with their own eyes, hear it with their own ears, and feel it every time they buy groceries or fill up the tank. Democratic strategists are stuck. Nowhere else to turn.

So they're turning against us. That's the strategy. They can't run on accomplishments they don't have. A majority of Americans believe in a USA in which self reliance and opportunity to achieve are there for everyone. That belief is being twisted to be some kind of rights trampling fascism. It's all they've got. The only tool they have is a hammer. All they can do is call us a nail and hammer away. Hammer those fascist nails! Hammer away! Don't let them speak! They're liable to talk about the inflation and the economy, immigration, the Afghanistan withdrawal debacle, 87,000 IRS agents coming after the middle class and small business owners. They're liable to talk about all kinds of stuff! Quick, vilify them, color them evil, threaten them with F-15s!

Legendary football coach Bill Parcells once famously said, "You are what your record says you are." That is exactly what I say to President Biden, Presidential Spokesperson Jean-Pierre, the leftists wokesters, press, and everyone else over there. You are what your record says you are. And for those like minded in opposition like myself, don't let them flip this narrative. Let's keep it to what it is: Biden's record. It is abysmal. Because he is abysmal. He is what his record say he is. Don't let his name-calling and incendiary insults distract us from taking matters in hand in the mid-terms and in 2024. He is what he is, and it ain't good.


No comments:

Post a Comment