Total Pageviews

Friday, September 13, 2024

"I have a plan for you." - 9/13/2024

In the debate Tuesday, two things Vice President Harris said struck me. I'm paraphrasing just slightly: "Donald Trump has no plan for you. I have a plan for you." Also, "I will be the President for ALL the American people."

Kamala promises if she wins, it will be a 'happy ending' for America.

Lemme start with the first: I don't want you having a plan for me, Vice President Harris. I'll make my own plans, thank you very much. Unfortunately, for some people, "I have a plan for you" is exactly what they like to hear. Never mind you that she didn't say what the plan was. Does that matter? Nah. Not to stupid people. Let's face it, a reasonable portion of the people ARE stupid. Some will vote for Trump, some for Harris. But, being stupid, they would seem the easiest to dupe with an empty and vague promise.

What's different about Trump NOT having a plan for me? Trump's economic plan isn't for me, it's for everybody. Herein is the fundamental difference between the two schools of thought: Democrats and Harris appeal is based on correcting past unfairness and inequity. To address them, it requires sorting out, who needs to have more, and who had too much under the old, unfair system. To people who have been brainwashed into feeling like a perennial victim, a prospect of 'economic justice' is truly welcome. But for this group and that group to do better, the flip side is that it's only fair these other groups do worse. In the end all the animosities are amplified rather than minimized. Reparations is the same thing. Taking money from people who never owned slaves and giving it to people who never were slaves may result in a sugar high from a targeted group of voters, but over time, in my opinion, obviously, will make racial tensions worse. You're really thinking it'll make everyone think, "finally, the U.S. did the right thing, we can all move on now in fairness and harmony?" How dumb are you?

Donald Trump's economic philosophy is better for everyone. I'll explain it with a simple cliche and move on. As I do, bear in mind that prior to Covid, Trump had the lowest female, Black, and Hispanic unemployment numbers in U.S. history. The philosophy: "All boats in the harbor rise on an incoming tide." A Trump economy is good for everybody. When EVERYBODY does better, there is far less reason to pit groups against one another, Democrat style. When EVERYBODY does better, EVERYBODY is better off.  "But everybody doing better will mean millionaires and billionaires have more, too! How is that fair?" STFU and enjoy the fact you have more than you had before, MORE even than Kamala was going to give you.

The second thing that struck me, that she'll be the President for ALL the American people struck for a different reason. It struck me that I'm a White dude (yes, I capitalized it. I capitalize Black, why wouldn't I also capitalize White?), and when she says ALL the American people, she does NOT mean me. Why? Jussie Smollett. BLM rioter bail fundraising. Reparations, DEI, etc., etc. Remember the kid's game, The Farmer in the Dell? At the end of it, the cheese always stands alone in the middle of a happy circle of kids. That's exactly how I feel as a White guy in Democrat America. I don't want bad for anybody, no matter their color, religion, or nation of origin, although I DO feel citizens, natural born AND naturalized, ought to have head of the line privileges.

Here's, in a nutshell, is why I don't want a President with a plan for me, and why I don't want a racially obsessed party making decisions for ALL Americans: I know what that's code for.

Me, and a lot of people like me, we want to be left alone and to achieve and live on the fruits of our own merit, of our own decisions, of our own choices. You Democrats are still all about choice, aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment