Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 14, 2024

To the Woodshed - 9/14/2024

I'm going to take President Trump to the woodshed here. If you're one who won't tolerate any criticism at all of Mr. Trump, I suggest you close this window now, before your cup of ire runneth over.

 

Trump cat memes have been all the rage with his supporters.
I wish Trump hadn't have mentioned the cats and dogs being eaten in the debate. Do I think it's possible, even likely that somewhere there have been cases of migrants taking cats or dogs and using them for food? Yep, I do. But unless he's citing specific, documented cases, and instead he's wading into rumors and X innuendo, he undermines himself.

For starters, his rallies and debates or serious interview/press conference are two different things. At a rally, we would expect politicians to cater to the crowd, and Trump's crowds are fed up with immigrants either here illegally, or granted head of the line privileges in staggering numbers by the Biden/Harris Administration. A rally is a place and time where we expect we might hear innuendo of abhorrent and criminal behavior of said immigrants. In a debate, press conference, or serious interview, however, he should stick to concrete facts. There are PLENTY of things to say about these immigrants. There have been more than enough violent crimes: assaults, rapes, robberies, etc. Rail against that. Hammer it. Hard. I do think there have been documented cases of people (assumed too be migrants) catching and killing waterfowl at local parks in Springfield, Ohio. I've also heard complaints of migrants driving without proper knowledge of our rules of the road and without insurance. Hammer those things, hard.

But when he hammers unsubstantiated (I didn't say fake or phony) stuff he picked up on X he undermines his own message. Hugely. I've often thought the same thing about Democrat criticism of Trump and Trump supporters. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris still run with the "fine people" and "suckers and losers" hoaxes. Don't they have stuff more substantial to attack Trump about? Of course, but like Trump, they're guilty of outrageous red meat tossing to induce an adverse, emotional response in those who hear it.

By the way, I know that some, many even, of the Haitian immigrants who are this news have been a pleasant addition at jobs and have been praised by their co-workers and employers. They are part of the problem, but not THE problem. The problem is that not all these immigrants are contributing mightily to our society, and in these overwhelming and staggering numbers, there's no way to tell who the bad apples are. There are some bad apples. Let's say just 3% of the Haitians immigrants in Springfield are no good criminals of some sort or another. 97% are great workers and productive additions to the Springfield economy and community. 3% of 20,000 is 600. 600 criminals up to no good is a lot in a town of way less than 100,000 is a problem. It just is.

Trump is not going to change. I learned a long time ago, 2016 to be exact, that we have to take him seriously, but not to take him literally. His critics take him literally, but they refuse to take him seriously. He's prone to embellishment, hyperbole, exaggeration, and has a fatal combination of a big mouth, thin skin, and a huge, but fragile ego. He MUST get the last word. Always. Kamala and her moderator partners knew and took advantage of this in the debate. Mr. Trump, it's less than two months. Can you measure your words just a teeny bit now and again?

Two last points, related but not right on point exactly. 

First, Laura Loomer is as loyal and pugnacious a fighter and ally for Trump as he's going to find anywhere. She's also nuts. I'd like to see Trump put at least a little distance between them. I get that he appreciates her going to war for him on social media, but at times she's more a liability than an asset.

I'll close with the second thought: Kamala Harris is a big liar. No, she's not lying about cats and dogs in Ohio. She's lying about who she is, what she believes, and how she will govern. I watched a 10 minute interview she did with a local TV anchor from Philadelphia yesterday. She unashamedly and overtly evaded and sidestepped questions, pivoting instead to cliches and generalities to a laughable extent. At one point she made the case for how she would fix the economy by mentioning how proud her family was of their lawn. I listen to her and think, this is who they think should lead our country? Then I realize, no, they are happy with the unelected oligarchs running the show now behind Biden's curtain, and know that those unelected, unaccountable, unnamed oligarchs will be the real Harris President.

3 comments:

  1. Am I worried, yes I am! We are in a drought here, but I am going to water my lawn more than I am allowed so I too can have a lawn to be proud of, cause I'm not so proud of my government and I need something to be proud of. OMG, I almost sound like her.

    ReplyDelete