Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Russia, Russia, Russia! - 9/5/2024

Putin is at it again. I was tempted to simply address it here by saying that "at least I'm glad he's supporting the right candidate, Trump" and to move on, because I really don't think the kind of "interference" he's capable of in our social media is worth a hill of beans. But there are a few "tidbits" to at least touch on. I'll try to keep it short and sweet today.

Thank goodness he's not a SCOTUS Justice!

I don't believe or trust AG Merrick Garland. I guess those two things go together: belief and trust. Garland has Trump Derangement Syndrome, and he's got it bad. I don't trust the U.S. Justice Department as a whole, either. Going back to 2016, all the way through to today, they have been consistent in one thing: putting their fingers on the scale to stop Trump, get Trump, and to hurt Trump. When Merrick Garland says Putin is meddling "to help Trump," I hear a guy who himself meddles "to hurt Trump" saying so. He may be telling the truth as he sees it through his badly Trump deranged eyes, and who knows, he may even be right. Because of his history, I am skeptical. Very. Thankfully, he's not a SCOTUS Justice.

SharylAttkisson on X

Putin says he want Kamala Harris to win. I already told you, I don't believe Merrick Garland. Well, I don't believe Putin, either. Putin's not our friend, my friend, or Trump's friend. For the record, I had someone recently say to me that the biggest danger of Trump winning is due to his relationship with Putin. Near as I can tell, Putin was in 'invade and annex mode' while Obama and Biden were in the White House. When Trump was in office? Not as much. I don't know or care if he really wants Trump or Harris, what I am sure of is his interests and my interests don't intersect, and if they do it's coincidental and makes no never mind for me.

Which brings me to the actual podcasters and social media influencers he is alleged to be influencing or controlling. I am familiar with two of them, Tim Pool and Benny Johnson. If Putin's interests and either of theirs intersect, similarly, if Putin's interests intersect with my own, the intersection is coincidental, not intentional or dubious. Both Pool and Johnson have been on Twitter, now X, for a long long time, and neither has changed positions on issues after Putin allegedly bought in. The DOJ said, and this seems to be something some leftist influencers are ignoring last evening and this morning totally, that the podcasters/influencers the Russians bought into were unaware of the Russian investment. To me, knowing their positions haven't changed, and that they were unaware the Russians were even lurking, tells me the goal is something else.

What else? To sow doubt. To get Merrick Garland to talk about Russia, Russia, Russia again. To undermine the election by throwing red meat to the Russia, Russia, Russia crowd, the people deathly afraid of Trump's so-called "relationship with Putin." Seems to me that it worked. All he wants here is hate, discontent, and discord. Merrick Garland has taken the bait, this a prelude to claims of illegitimacy should Trump win the White House back. That, to me, seems to be the real Putin play here, to undermine a potential Trump Presidency.

Russia, Russia, Russia!

No comments:

Post a Comment