Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2022

Jan 6th, Why I'm Not Watching, Why I Don't Care - 7/22/2022

Jan 6th hearings are designed to damage Trump politically.


I'm not watching.

I don't care.

Before I proceed, let me say this: What happened on January 6th was wrong and it was tragic. It was a mistake from the get go. I believe protests over the conduct and execution of the 2020 election WERE appropriate, but January 6th in Washington, DC, the date and place set for the Electoral College to do it's thing was simply the wrong time and place. 

Furthermore, as January 6th unfolded, I felt that it was incumbent on President Trump to publicly and loudly discourage and disavow any illegal acts of protest at all, and in real time.

OK, so I am not giving a pass. So, why am I not watching?

Nothing will be done to look at the basis for the protests. Nothing. I can cite a long list of pre-election, Election Day, and post-Election Day improprieties and illegalities. Every rule was bent and twisted in ways that created doubt of the legitimacy of the process, at least in my mind as I watched it play out in real time. Do I KNOW that the election was stolen? No. Richard Baris, the People's Pundit, a pollster who I trust, warned that GA and PA were definitely in play for the Democrats. I knew from that that it would be close and could go either way. Further, I recognized how much dislike and disdain so many had of Trump's personality and style. Even so, I either underestimated, or something fishy went on for Joe Biden, a guy who didn't even have a legitimate campaign getting 81,000,000 votes. It felt and still feel like something fishy went on.

There is nothing bi-partisan about staffing a committee with only people vehement opponents to and antagonists to the subject of its investigation, in this case, Trump. There is no serious cross-examination of witnesses that might undermine their recollection, motive, or honesty in testifying.

The same clowns on the Democrat side of this committee were Russian collusion hoaxers and bogus impeachment participants. These clowns abandoned every single morsel of possible credibility with me in the 6 years since the Hillary Clinton Russian collusion hoax was perpetrated on us, leading to a bogus Mueller investigation. Now you want me to salivate watching these same scumbags stage a kangaroo court, show trial? Fuck that. Fuck them.

In the end they will prove NOT that Trump was part of a conspiracy, but that he exercised poor judgement and inactivity when he ought to have spoke up. The depth of his sense of betrayal by partisans who controlled the electoral process and his belief in the unfairness of the election, which is why, in my opinion, that he didn't do the right thing, will NOT be explored.

Nothing I didn't already believe to be the case will come from it, and nothing to encourage me about the sanctity, safety, and security of our elections moving forward will be presented. On the positive side, though, I now have another couple of Republican names to despise, one being Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo.

Rep. Cheney's opponent is Harriet Hageman. I just donated to Hageman's campaign. Liz Cheney must go.


No comments:

Post a Comment